National parks are closed and half of the defense department’s civilian employees have been furloughed–yep, people like you and me who have mortgages, child care and car payments to make. The government has–at least partially–shut down. What’s an American to do? Exercise your freedom of speech, that’s what. Here, 7 Washington-bashing tshirts to choose from:
1. “A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have–Thomas Jefferson.” True that Thomas. No wonder they called you the sage of Monticello.
2. “Born free. Taxed to death.” Our wallets stay open, even if the government doesn’t.
3. “Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem–Ronald Reagan.” For a guy who slept through a lot, Ronnie sure came up with some good sayings.
4. “I don’t need sex. The government fucks me every day.” And all those people who want to see the Grand Canyon or the Statue of Liberty are getting supremely fucked right now.
5. “I was anti-Obama before it was cool.” Hey, there’s a trendsetter in every bunch.
6. “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” Doubt there are many underestimating now.
7. “You can’t fix stupid. But you can vote it out.” Ahh, there’s always next year.