So the SAT is getting an overhaul. Besides making the essay optional, they have tweaked the vocabulary section, making the words more in line “with what would be used in the classroom and at work.” Well, Mr. SAT head honcho, we have one word for you: Hooray. Oh, scratch that. We might actually have two words for you: Hooray and Duh! So, to celebrate, we decided to go through our vault and pick out some tees with really big (but not so far-fetched) words on them that might just be on the new test. Study up kids!
1. I’m multi-talented. I can talk and piss you off at the same time.
2. Misuse of “literally” makes me figuratively insane.
3. It’s bad luck to be superstitious.
4. If you say “gullible” slowly it sounds like “oranges.”
5. I’m fairly certain “YOLO” is “Carpe Diem” for stupid people.
6. Having a great vocabulary didn’t save the thesaurus from extinction/eradication/extirpation.